Sunday, August 19, 2007

Grey's Anatomy Complete Third Season DVD Review


I became interested in this show because I just happened to catch the "code black" episodes and the finale of season two. I didn't become a fan until after watching both the first and second seasons on dvd and by then, the show was about a month or so into the third season. I watched faithfully almost every week (even the repeats), but this season was much different from the last two.

Part of the reason that I loved Grey's Anatomy so much was that it was able to make me laugh, cry, and think, especially about the relationships in my own life. Unfortunately there isn't a lot to laugh about in season three. I don't recall any particularly inspiring moments either. The show has become a soap opera. A very well written and acted out soap, but it is what it is. In addition to that, the fact that some of our most beloved characters either won't be (or appear to not be) returning, and the whole Isaiah Washington business that no one would just let blow over have soured me towards the show even more.

I'm sure there will be a lot of new faces next season, but I haven't yet decided if I'll continue to be one of the faithful.

No comments: